Normally, these “Not So Random Thoughts Before Bed” were posted on Facebook but in the wise words of my oldest child and a friend of mine I need to have more than one outlet. Hence, the creation of this blog. My hope is that not only is it an outlet for me and the many ideas, observations and shenanigans that happen in my life, but also an opportunity for people to create their “why” in life.
So here we go:
- Rushing creates unnecessary anxiety. I find myself rushing all of the time. This then causes my children to lead rushed lives; which then causes me anxiety when they don’t hurry as quickly as I want them to. Crazy right….Slow down, not at a snail’s pace but be slow enough that you can enjoy the journey while getting to the destination.
- My former life coach told me about 2 years ago that the reason that I am still single is because I haven’t created room for anyone significant in my life. I told him about all of my dreams of wanting my own business, writing books and a mountain of other things I wanted to do. To be honest at the time I was pissed at him. I’m like look “I raised 3 kids by myself, went back to school at the age of 27 after getting a divorce, quitting my job, selling my house and moving 3 hours away from my beloved “Detroit” so that I could have it all in life. I thought there was room. Well, me starting this blog, writing a book and starting a business 2 years after that conversation is proof positive that I don’t have room right now and that’s okay.
- You have a right to feel anyway you feel about any situation. You don’t have a right to project or display those feelings in a way that is hurtful to others. #hurtpeoplehurtpeople
- The main reason I love my sister is that I can wake up in the middle of the night/early morning and send her this poptart tragedy blog from AwesomelyLuvie and laugh until I almost pee my pants.
- Try something NEW. Be Fearless. Do It Afraid. Do It with Anxiety. But at the end of the day, be like Nike and Just. Do. It.
- Did I tell you that I can’t believe that I am writing a blog? See #5.