Good Evening, Good People! It’s a just got paid, Friday night type of evening (although, I don’t get paid until Monday, be careful whatchu’ ask for). Where are you Mama V on this Feel Good Friday? At home, on the couch, in my pajamas and drinking a cup of green tea. And guess what? I like it. This NSRTBB is dedicated to the former Tootsie Rollin’ mamas and papas out there who have hung up their biker shorts, Coogi dresses/sweaters, basketball jerseys and everything else from the 90’s and 00’s. Who partied at Fat Tuesdays at Maxi’s, the Dancery, the River Rock, Chuck’s Millionaire Club, Franklin BC’s (I met my ex-husband there wearing a pair of CUTE metallic gold pants) and every place in between?
Here are my top five ways that I Tootsie Roll in Life instead of the club:
- I insert the term “Tootsie Roll” in moments that are of the celebratory or congratulatory nature. Don’t believe me ask my work family
Director: Hey everybody we have extra money to spend on the GEAR UP futurez (students) should we get Ipads?”
Me: Awww shoot I’m about to Tootsie Roll across this conference table like Martin (Lawrence, not King).
2. When I finish a blog, I turn on the Tootsie Roll song and dance around the house. My kids are used to it; their friends think I am the coolest mama ever created.
3. I love a good compliment, heck most people do. It makes you feel good and can put a smile on your face. So when someone says to me “you don’t look like you have a 19, 15 and 6-year-old”. I will Tootsie Roll on the spot. No cares for the location or audience.
4. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to do one thing no matter the day or night. No wind, rain, hail, sleet or snow shall stop me. I am free and happy while doing this one thing that most people dread…..grocery shopping. I can never go in and get one thing. I must peruse the aisles with the grace of a gazelle and the eye of the tiger. And when I use my coupons or get major money deducted from my bill because of my MPerks or Target Cartwheel app, I immediately Tootsie Roll in the check out lane. It’s only right that I celebrate in my favorite place on earth.
5. I love a good wedding. Love, marriage, vows and happiness always makes my heart sing. But what I love more than a good wedding is an even better reception. Tootsie Rollin’ goes from 0-100 real quick at a reception with a fabulous DJ, some fantastic food and wonderful company. I was a bridesmaid for the 1st time last year. The bride’s main request for her reception was that 90’s R& B was played. I Tootsie Rolled until my legs gave out. The whole wedding party went wild to all of the music of our adolescent and teen years. My two endcaps (the oldest and youngest children) Tootsie Rolled with mama until we were tuckered out.
See, even if it’s Friday night and I’m at home chillin’, drinking green tea and writing this blog I can Tootsie Roll without the party atmosphere and the gold hot pants. I am the party no matter the environment. Tootsie Roll on good people, Tootsie Roll on!
The buttafly, uhn, uhn that’s old, let me see you Tootsie Roll
69 Boyz (Tootsee Roll)